[Pmwiki-users] Problems getting the wiki to operate

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 29 12:02:48 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 07:36:12PM +0100, Uwe Klosa wrote:
> >On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 05:57:39PM +0100, Dieter G?tz wrote:
> >>Here is the errrors:
> >>Warning: fopen(wiki.d/.flock): failed to open stream: No such file or
> >>directory in /home/63yuzxwt1/htdocs/wiki/pmwiki.php on line 620
>
> You should have a look at the file .flock. What are the permissions? Who
> owns that file? Seeing the path to your wiki I guess you are on a web
> hotel. It might be possible that you have to give write access to others
> for this file. (only a guess).

Actually, it's a bit stranger than that, because the error message
says that wiki.d/.flock doesn't exist, not that it doesn't have permissions.
So, it appears that the wiki.d/ directory itself doesn't exist for some
reason, and isn't being automatically created by PmWiki as it should be.