[Pmwiki-users] Re: Google problems with my wiki?

Jan Peters jan.peters
Wed Nov 24 18:47:16 CST 2004

Neil,

I also submitted it to Google as

www-clmc.usc.edu/~jrpeters/pmwiki/

where www-clmc.usc.edu has been indexed.
It does not seem to have anything to do with that?
Any clues?

Jan

I don't think there is any problem with your pages, but the root server:

http://monet.usc.edu/

only displays the Apache default screen.

I am not sure what Google does if it cannot find a "robots.txt" file, but
the root server does not have one, and your subdirectories don't have one
either. Maybe that is the problem. Mind you, according to the Google site,
the default is to index unless they find a deny inside robots.txt.

Nothing from http://monet.usc.edu/ has been indexed. You can confirm this
by entering the Google search "site:monet.usc.edu". Perhaps the server
simply refuses to serve pages to robots.

Neil

At 2004-11-24  04:36 PM -0800, Jan Peters is rumored to have said:
>Hi there!
>
>I want to run the homepage of our group based on
>pmwiki and in order to try that out, I have first done
>my homepage that way, check
>
>http://monet.usc.edu/~jrpeters/pmwiki/
>
>(style only looks cool with Firefox or Safari:) ). However,
>google does not link these pages even after several
>submissions over the last couple of months.
>
>Could anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?
>
>Thank you so much!
>Jan Peters

Neil

Neil Herber