[Pmwiki-users] Edit password also used to read pages in PmWiki 2?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Nov 19 06:05:23 CST 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 07:21:28AM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> In PmWiki 2, is there a hierarchy of the passwords? What I mean is, does
> the edit password allow you to read a page in addition to edit it?

Nope.  But, PmWiki 2 remembers all the passwords entered during the
session, so that once you've entered the read password you don't need
to enter it again until you close the browser.

I'll admit that this doesn't make things easy for things like
the emacs client, which needs to keep track of a PHP cookie in
order to get PmWiki's session support.  I still haven't decided if
I like the idea of a password hierarchy, or how much of one to allow.

PmWiki 2 also knows that if a read password is set, then it's to be used
in place of any other password that isn't set.