[Pmwiki-users] RSS feeds and secure pages

Enrique Pardo pmwiki
Wed Nov 17 06:20:15 CST 2004

Hello,

I don't know if this topic has been covered yet.

How can we make PmWiki RSS feeds more secure?
Currently if you have a group or a page protected with a password (I'm
using the sessionauth script), the RSS feed remains accessible to all.

For those who know BaseCamp (http://www.basecamphq.com/), their RSS
feeds contain a token in the URL that is generated from the user's
password. Although this is not bullet proof security, it avoids
URL-guessing and lets you generate a new URL for the feed just by
changing your password.

So, in short,

- how to use RSS with secure pages? Could the BaseCamp model be an idea
for PmWiki?
- if not, how to implement RSS feeds only for selected groups

Thanks for your ideas,

Enrique

--
http://enriquepardo.com