[Pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-mode and passwords

chr@home.se chr
Tue Nov 9 02:51:30 CST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, David Kulp wrote:

> >> I have a global edit password and a read password for a group.
> >> pmwiki-mode isn't happy.
> >> Using the read password in the URL retrieves the page, but C-c C-c
> >> fails
> >> because it tries to
> >> use the read password instead of the edit password.  Any ideas for a
> >> solution, e.g. how to change the URL associated with a buffer?
> >
> > Ouch... just to get some basic facts clear before we try and fix this:
> >
> > * Which pmwiki version are you using?
>
> pmwiki-1.0.13
>
> > * Which pmwiki-mode version are you using?
>
> CVS as below.  I updated to the most recent pmwiki-mode but the problem
> still persists.

Well, I was waiting for more input from you before I started thinking
about it.

It shouldn't be too difficult to modify the system so that it uses one
password for read operations and another for save. Maybe I'll have time to
look at it tonight, or at least this week.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr