[Pmwiki-users] GroupFooter vs. PageFooter

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 8 09:26:04 CST 2004

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 12:57:45PM +0000, Val Sharp wrote:
> I imagine by now folk will already be depending on the appearance of a
> GroupFooter independently of their page templates, though it might
> have made more sense for any GroupFooter to be apppended to the
> PageFooterFmt variable, rather than to the page content.

No, the whole purpose of GroupFooter was that it would be appended
to the wiki page content, internal to any template framing.  As
others have pointed out, if you want the contents of a wiki page
to appear in the template, just use <!--wiki:$Group.GroupBottom-->
or the like.  And if you want to process a markup string (w/o
having to put it into a page), you can just do <!--markup: ... --> .