[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki skinning

Val Sharp val
Fri Nov 5 17:41:23 CST 2004

Thomas -Balu- Walter, on 05.11.04 23:48, wrote:
> Another thing are the styles added in the HeaderText. Those exist so
> that things like vertical space, code, etc. look like in the default
> wiki. But always adding them makes it difficult to override them too.
>
> E.g. to not have the createlinktext links be underlined I have to add a
> CSS below the default:
>
> a.createlinktext { text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted grey; }
>
> a.createlinktext { border-bottom: 0px }

For the sake of customisability, I too would like to see these style
rules put in an external stylesheet, with the HeaderText then using a
LINK to include them.

The CSS cascade order means that rules embedded with a STYLE element
will override any LINKed or imported rules. It is possible to use the
'!important' directive to override the embedded rules, but in a
lengthy external stylesheet, once one starts using it, it can become a
bit confusing as to what's important and what's not.

But for the moment, maybe using '!important' in the external
stylesheet would be easier than inserting overriding rules in the
embedded styles.

--
Best regards,
Val