[Pmwiki-users] PmWikiDraw New version

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Thu Nov 4 13:33:44 CST 2004

At 18:21 04.11.2004, Pm wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 05:33:50PM +0100, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> > >It's perfectly okay with me if
> > >cookbook scripts distribute pages that go into sites' PmWiki groups,
> > >however
> > >(that's really up to the cookbook author and site administrators).
> > >
> > ... the question is, how to hook up the new doc page when implemented
> as an
> > add-on in the wiki-docu-index (and only there). Could that be done with a
> > (:if cookbook pmwikidraw:) within the documentation of the basic
> > installation ? Otherwise the admin has to change the delivered
> > pmwiki-docu-index or the docs can only be found via search-function.
>
>One idea:  the documentation index could contain a 'Cookbook documentation'
>section, followed by
>
>    (:pagelist group=PmWiki [[^Cookbook]] fmt=simple:)
>
>This would then display a simple bullet list of all of the pages in
>the PmWiki group that are in the Cookbook category.  Each cookbook
>documentation page would then simply provide a [[^Cookbook]] link in
>order to be included in this list on the documentation index.
>(It still wouldn't appear on the wikitrail, though.)
>
>Another idea is to simply have cookbook documentation pages go in the
>site's Cookbook group.  PmWiki's DocumentationIndex could then have a
>link to a page (distributed with PmWiki) that displays the contents of
>the currently loaded cookbook  (:pagelist group=Cookbook:).

both ideas sound ok. The second one may be more strict and the authors of a
cookbook-doc don't have to more than just creating the documentation within
the cookbook-groups and distribute this with their packed files. This may
be better for pmwiki-users, cause the distributed pages are restricted to
pages of the groups PmWiki* and Cookbook (or PmWikiCookbook or Cookbook*
(for translated Cookbooks) ?) Maybe I would prefer that. Well, I think
there are other cookbook-writers out there who may have other opinions ? :-)
On the other hand it could be combined both: Writing Cookbook.SomeDocs
including a [[^Coobook]] entry :-)

Knut