[Pmwiki-users] Re: Set title of page inline

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 1 07:39:54 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 01:24:51PM +0100, Per Axbom wrote:

> >On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Per Axbom wrote:
> >>Hi, sorry to bother you all about something so simple, but what's the
> >>easy way to implement a directive that will allow me to set the title
> >>for a page, i.e. the text that goes in between the <TITLE> - tags.
>
> I should have mentioned I was referring to the latest version of Pmwiki 1 ;)

Alas, there's not an easy way to do this in PmWiki 1 (indeed, this precise
item was one of my motivating features for developing PmWiki 2).

Part of the problem in PmWiki 1 is that by the time the markup is being
processed, the <title> tag has already been generated and sent to the
browser.