[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-0.6.21 released with experimental WikiFarm support

Andrew Shapira pmwa
Fri May 28 07:19:09 CDT 2004

I think whoever said "twisty little passages" was right on.  Unless
the meaning of the words in the names differentiate the AgroWikis,
people seem sure to confuse the two names and packages.  I wonder if,
after the new AgroWiki is stable, the users would be done a big big
service if you could figure out how to merge the previously existing
WikiFarms and the to-be-named AgroWiki variety into one thing that is
released with the main PmWiki software.  That way users would not have
to try to learn which thing they want, remember which was which, feel
that they are making a poorly informed choice when they just pick one
arbitrarily because they didn't feel like taking the time to learn
about the different AgroWiki varieties, try to remember the differences
between the different AgroWikis over time, wonder whether PmWiki is
poorly organized or overly complicated because it has two things that
from a newbie's perspective do the same thing, etc.  Maybe the formal
term for the existing WikiFarms could be something like "Alpha-Release
WikiFarms", Alpha-Release WikiFarms would be deprecated, and the term
"WikiFarms" would eventually come to mean "The AgroWiki that's in the
main PmWiki release."  Simplicity is good.