[Pmwiki-users] backlinking

Robin Sheat robin
Thu May 27 19:38:34 CDT 2004

J. Meijer wrote:
> I have this weird idea: is it possible to detect the site the browser
> visited before getting to my site? Then get that page, see if it has a link
> to my site and then, if it has, include that page in a page called
> $Group.GetsVisitorsFrom.
In theory, this is feasible. I don't know if it should be something done
by PmWIki however. There is software that does similar things avaliable
(eg: http://www.kallisti.net.nz/webalizer). Making it into a
group-specific wiki page is an interesting idea, and would be doable
with a script that wanders over your webserver logs every so often.

Although, all this said, having an addon to PmWiki that does this would
probably be simpler.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>             JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 = DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663