[Pmwiki-users] garbled pmwiki text and uploads

Matt Vance mvance
Tue May 25 15:01:55 CDT 2004

I sent a message or two to the pmwiki-users list a while ago trying to
fix a problem with duplicate text being inserted into longer wiki pages
created in one of the wikis that I administer.  I never have figured out
the problem, but I just today ran across another possible clue.

I enabled uploads not too long ago and just got around to uploading a
couple of images today.  It appears that the same type of problem is
happening when I upload image files.  The original image files are fine,
but the files are corrupted once they get uploaded to the wiki.  They
look as though the original picture was filtered through a bad
kaleidoscope.  The larger the file, the more corruption.

The wiki with the problem is only available from an intranet, so I can't
point to it.  However, I posted some examples onto another wiki, so
everyone could see what I mean
(http://www.minezone.org/wiki/MVance/WikiQuestions).  At this point, I'm
guessing that the problem lies in the version of either PHP (4.2.2),
Apache (2.0.40), or the configuration of one or both.  Any other ideas?

I will try upgrading PHP and/or Apache, but it's going to be slow going,
since I've never done either.

Thanks for any ideas or advice you might have.

- Matt

The details of my original posts can be found here:
http://contra.vosn.net/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2004-January/002228.html
http://contra.vosn.net/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2004-February/002503.html