[Pmwiki-users] Re: More Easily Uploading Multiple Attachments

Patrick Ogay lists
Tue May 25 04:25:46 CDT 2004

>Um.. I just get "Access forbidden" if I try something like that. I guess
>you have to have an ftp-server running as well?

Yes.
Most/many  provider provide ftp (and not SSH) .
It's  the same ftp-address as in the FTP client.

Once I tried and it worked:
* Create a webuser without rights (in LAMP-Provider-Environment)
* Uploads like ftp://everybody:nopass@ftpserver    (often a webuser has
a FTP to his paths)
*  main application accesses webusers directory through aliases, or
copyscript.

In one installation main application didn't have access to webuser's
data :-(.
Another problem might be, that the webuser host's a site or his mp3.

pog