[Pmwiki-users] wiki-formatting of included wiki-pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon May 24 15:19:30 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 10:19:10PM +0200, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> I want to use the directive "=groupsidebar:"+groupname to include a
> wiki-page into the active SideBar with "*"-lines formatted as wiki-text
> (like a conditional [[include:ThisGroup:SideBar]] )
> [...]
> used PHP-code:
> ------------------------
>
> $DoubleBrackets['/^=groupsidebar:(.*)/e'] =
> 'GroupSideBar("$1","$pagename")';
>
> [...]
>
> where is the error ?

The problem is that by the time the $DoubleBrackets directive is
processed, the markup text has already been broken up into
an array of separate lines.  As a result, PmWiki doesn't recognize
the text being inserted by "groupsidebar" as being on separate
lines, so it just processes the entire included page as a
single line.

I don't have an easy fix for this in 0.6.x, although I'm
working on a way to handle this for the next major release
of PmWiki.

Is there a reason that [[include:]] won't do what you're
wanting to do here?