[Pmwiki-users] Re: Going directly to a page

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun May 23 15:25:25 CDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Crisses wrote:

> > * The user clicks on a link to a dynamically created 'sitemap page'
> > which
> >   would contain a list of all pages on the site. An advantage with this
> >   solution is that each page could also get a small description.
> >   (This would essentially use the "teaser syntax" by John Rankin).
> >   Drawback: A two-step procedure is required.
>
> Another drawback:
>
> Imagine this being used on a 12,000 page site?

Oh, what fun :-)

OTOH, you'd have just as much fun searching for "/" wouldn't you?

But we do have a scaling issue in general here... maybe a 12,000 page site
really should be implemented as a wiki farm?

/Christian