[Pmwiki-users] Re: including page from different group

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri May 21 17:11:12 CDT 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Bob Dively wrote:

> When a page from group A is included on a page from group B, the WikiWords
> on the included page are parsed out in the context of the parent page. In
> other words, if my page from group A has some text "this is a WikiWord" and
> that page is included on a group B page, the link will be
> pmwiki.php/B/KnightHood.
>
> Is this by design?

I think so -- at least I don't think it'd classify as a bug. The text of
included pages are interpreted in the context of the current page.

Perhaps it would be interesting to introduce a different include-directive
where you can specify the context, e.g.:

	[[insert:UsefulGrop/SomePage pagename=SomeGroup/AnotherPage]]

> I can easily get around it by just making the text in the group B page
> read "this is a B/WikiWord", but that's a nuance that's not immediately
> obvious to users, particularly with casual or inexperienced users.

Well, including other pages is a relatively advanced functionality.

/Christian