[Pmwiki-users] Group.Page&edit

J. Meijer commentgg
Thu May 13 20:01:50 CDT 2004

Instead of writing

   [[Group.Page&action=edit edit page]]

I am allowing the action to be defaulted:

   [[Group.Page&edit edit page]]

I think this is more natural. Maybe pmwiki would like to adopt it.

The code used is something like this:

   function DefaultAction(&$ref) {
     if (strpos($ref,'&action=')) return;
     if (!$pos=strpos($ref,'&')) return;
     $ref=substr_replace($ref,'action=',$pos+5,0);
   }

With this code the action must follow the first '&', so it is not perfect.

I think the novice will prefer the simplified format: less to remember,
while the effect on the url is quite obvious as to not confuse.

Anyway I'd like to repeat my vote for an internal portable URL-format where
one does not have to remember, consider or type the '?pagename=' nor the
'&action-' part.

-jm