[Pmwiki-users] Feature requests (switch template, append text/mail to wiki)

Crisses crisses
Wed May 12 05:06:35 CDT 2004

I'm now dealing with the 3rd installation of PmWiki that I'm
administrating, and there's two others I'm doing the templates for.
[Whew! :) ]

1)  I need some way of allowing a user to switch the template that
PmWiki is using.  One template I'm working on is for nostalgic value
but there's reasons that people might want to switch to a more
'standard' template (to stop eyestrain for example LOL -- and some
people just won't "get it").  So I would like to suggest a session
variable to define which template is being used by a browser, as well
as allowing some type of link that will change that variable (change
"template-a.tmpl" to "template-b.tmpl" for that session, and maybe
allow someone to put that in a link to the wiki so they never have to
deal with the annoyance ;) ).

2) I really need that script for posting text files/emails to PmWiki [I
checked about a week ago, and the filelink was broken -- if something
else is going on the page in the Cookbook ought to be updated] --
however I would like the option of appending text to the wiki at points
where there are certain comment or anchor(probably the best idea)
markups -- I think those markups should be customizable such that you
append text within an anchor section -->  if I append to "AnchorA" it
should put the text before "AnchorB".  There should be a way to
delineate "Prefix" as opposed to "Append-after" so that I can put a
"Top" anchor and have items append just under Top, such that the most
recent changes end up at the top of a page rather than at the bottom.

3) Another behavior I would like to see for the page creation in the
posting of text files/email to PmWiki is that they adhere to the page
template enabled for the page/group -- the anchor text markup in the
template would specify where the new text would go for the page -- or
the new text gets prepended or postpended (yeah, that's not a word) to
the page template text if there's no specifications.

I'm working on a very specific php program that does some changes to
mail/text files and I want to pipe or include that file into pmwiki
pages -- in some cases I want that text to be inserted into several
places in a page template on the wiki.  I can put the template into the
program, or I can keep the template in the wiki (preferred).

Thanks!

Crisses
--
"We humans seem to need to be able to trust in the relationships that
sustain our lives.  In the minds of many theorists, that trust is