[Pmwiki-users] www.pmwiki.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon May 10 16:38:28 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:08:00PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> Patrick, this link works:
> 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWiki
> but will you use 'Alias' so that this
> 	http://www.pmwiki.org/PmWiki/PmWiki
> also works? It'd look much nicer... :-)

I'm trying to clean up the URLs on pmwiki.org so that there aren't
lots of different URLs pointing to the same page.  So, I'd be willing
to create a Redirect so that http://www.pmwiki.org/PmWiki/PmWiki
is redirected to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWiki.

The official address for the main PmWiki page is going to be
http://www.pmwiki.org.

Alternately, I could perhaps set pmwiki.org so that URLs are
of the form http://www.pmwiki.org/Group/SomePage (i.e., no /wiki
component in the URL path), but while it does look nice I fear that
it also might prove confusing to people considering or installing
PmWiki for the first time.

Comments welcome.