[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: spaces in uploaded files

Wayne Lee wl.pmwiki
Sat May 8 23:04:28 CDT 2004

Hi Christian,

I'm just getting back to this...

On Apr 12, 2004, at 4:55 AM, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> But as I think about it again, it seems that the solution
> isn't very good. How should this markup be interpreted:
>
> 	Attach:A file with spaces.txt does it end now?
>
> Does that refer to a file called 'A file with spaces.txt' or
> to a file called 'A file with spaces.txt does it end now'...

Yup, definitely a problem.

> One possible solution could be to augment the syntax as follows:
>
> 	Attach:"A file with spaces.txt"

>> at what point is the file name being converted with the spaces
>> replaced
>> with +'s?
>
> I have no idea... if you point me to an example I could have a closer
> look
> at the problem.

urlencode() turns spaces into pluses.  rawurlencode() does not.

I just posted modification instructions to support spaces in filenames
to CookBook/UploadExtended
(<http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/UploadExtended>)

%20 must be used to represent a space.  Or optionally, the Attach
markup can be changed to support spaces:

[[Attach:my file.txt]]
[[Attach:my file.txt] link to file]

As a result, this will no longer work:

[[Attach:file.txt link to file]]