[Pmwiki-users] Re: simultaneous edit corruption?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat May 8 11:21:30 CDT 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 09:15:23AM -0700, Wayne Lee wrote:
> has there been any more progress on this front?

Yes and no.  The redesigned Patch() functionality released in 0.6.18
is a huge step in that direction, because in order to do merging of
simultaenous edits one has to know the version of the page each edit
session started with (which isn't the most recent version of the page).

But in truth, in looking at this I've just about decided that the entire
Edit/Post sequence needs to be rewritten, not only to support simultaneous
edits, but also to allow previews to appear before the <textarea> box, and
also to allow things such as appending comments and the like.  And it'd
be nice if making all of these changes doesn't break what already
exists and leaves room for future enhancements... :-)

> is there anything i can do to help test/develop?

Let me know if the new Patch() function is working -- I haven't been
able to test it as robustly as I'd like.   And I may be able to
get a simultaneous edits version out by mid-week.