[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: [[include: ... ]] part of a page

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu May 6 15:39:50 CDT 2004

> Unfortunately, this begets one of those "slippery slope" situations.
> If '*' and '#' are disallowed, then clearly we should also exclude ':'
> and '-' for definition lists and indents.

You're right...

> I prefer something more consistent and easier to explain--either
> the current line, or all lines up to the next blank line.  So far
> I'm going with just the current line.

Ok, I'll be quite now :-)

>    [[#anchor]]
>    The product comes in many flavors
>    such as apple, cherry, banana, and grape.
>
> then [[include:SomePage#anchor]] returns "The product comes in many flavors"
> without the "such as..." part.  Perhaps this will be too confusing for
> people?  If so, I need some alternatives.

I don't think it'll be to confusing... but I assume that
    [[#anchor]]
    The product comes in many flavors \
    such as apple, cherry, banana, and grape.

will print all the fruits (this ought to work right now, since '\' is
swallowed when reading a line, right?)

/Christian