[Pmwiki-users] (no subject)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu May 6 14:04:22 CDT 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 02:15:12PM -0500, Dawn Green wrote:
> A new site, www.legendcase.com (using one of the new skins), contains text
> generated from the <--PageText--> section that has open and close paragraph
> text prior to the start of the text.

> Is this an error or something we have not coded correctly?

This is the way the wiki generates blank lines.  There's no way to
get the paragraph tags to work "correctly" because XHTML's idea of a
paragraph is totally broken.  Indeed, it's difficult to define exactly
what is and is not "correct" about paragraphs from the markup.

See http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/BogusHtmlIsHardToStyle
for a bit better discussion of the problem.