[Pmwiki-users] upload config problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed May 5 07:51:49 CDT 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:38:51AM -0400, Bob Dively wrote:
> I'm sure that this is going to turn to be some stupid mistake on my part so
> I apologize in advance for requiring hand-holding.
>
> I'm trying to enable uploads on a pmwiki 0.6.17 install that's on a website
> secured with apache basic http authentication.
> [...]
>  The only major difference between the two installs is that the
> working one only have one line in .htpasswd and the non-working one has
> four lines (none of which is "uploads").

PmWiki's HTTP authentication won't work if Apache's HTTP authentication
is enabled -- at least, it won't work if the passwords are different
between the two.  You probably want to use the sessionauth.php script
for the PmWiki authentication -- just add

   include_once('scripts/sessionauth.php');

to your config.php.