[Pmwiki-users] Re: DevQ: Intercept action=edit / preview / post

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sun May 2 10:32:54 CDT 2004

I have been reading this thread with great interest.  I also read the
previous articles.
Everything sounds wonderufl, but I'm still not any closer to being able
to intercept
edit/preview/post actions, which is what the original thread was asking.

My idea to make this work is to write a .php Cookbook Translator.

On the INPUT side of things, the translator will read the $page['text'],
and then
render any common wiki markup as html, then pass it to the editor.

On the OUTPUT end of things, the translator will convert (all) of the
html markup back to Wiki markup. Other (non-understood) HTML (if
present)
will simply be stripped out and discarded.

I don't want the original $page['text'] modified by the editor software
either.

(For point of interest, I too found the light WYSIWYG editor located at:
www.kevinroth.com/rte to be the best choice (for me).  I've been working
with it for almost a week now, and I think it has potential.

-S