[Pmwiki-users] Easily Hackable?

H. Fox haganfox
Wed Mar 31 21:48:30 CST 2004

Do the client's wiki pages need to be publicly editable?

If not, how about having the public pages exist on a read-only version
of the wiki and the editable, read-write version behind a firewall
and/or in a password-protected directory on an SSL server?

You could use HTTP authentication by group and give people their
individual user passwords that way, correct?.  How to replicate is an
implementation detail -- maybe use rsync or even mirrordir.  The point
is: it should be possible / practicable to have a read only public
version and a read-write private version of the same site.

Another possibility: Could the same wiki.d directory somehow be
read-only for the public wiki and read-write for the password-protected
version?

Hagan