[Pmwiki-users] Re: webalizer-like statistics for pmwiki

David Jackson dave
Mon Mar 29 06:44:19 CST 2004

> Subject:
> [Pmwiki-users] webalizer-like statistics for pmwiki?
> From:
> Nils Knappmeier <nk at knappi.org>
> Date:
> Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:23:25 +0200
> To:
> Pmwiki-users <Pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 12:23:25PM +0200, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
>
>>is there an easy way to create webalizer-like statistis for pmwiki? My
>>Webalizer seems to be a bit confused and I actually would like to be
>>able to get rid of my own visitis to my homepage in the statistics.
>>Has anybody written a module, or is writing something?
>

> IIRC, webalizer has trouble distinguishing pages containing query strings
> (e.g., ?pagename=Group.PageName).
>
> In general, I've been totally unimpressed with the open-source web log
> analyzer tools that are available.  Several times I've started to create
> my own log analyzer, but have abandoned it in favor of doing something
> else.  I'd be interested in starting once again.

I have no experiance of this with PmWiki, but back in the days when I
was in charge of the company webserver, I used AWStats, available from
SourceForge, both GPL & v.good.

In fact, I'll d/l it now, have a go at setting it up & let you know how
I get on.

David Jackson