[Pmwiki-users] extreme passwords

Ruediger Marwein ruediger.marwein
Wed Mar 24 15:13:30 CST 2004

Hi,

I encoutered a problem when using read and write passwords at the same time.
read for normal people and write for admins. globally, by using session-auth

The problem seems to be the session-variable which does only hold one
password at a time. So an admin has to give the read- and write-passes in
heavy rotation.

I approximately fixed the problem by
a) taking the level into the key ("authpw$level")
b) also using authpw$level in SessionAuthFmt.

Also relying on this: What happens if I [[include]] pages which have
different read passwords than the current page and (to let it explode) have
a SideBar which is also read-protected on the same page, too.
The function seems to be run three times. So what happens?

Perhaps this model could be changed to "the read-password for this page
exists in the list of read-passes the user already gave to other pages/
this page".

Gr33tZ
Ruediger Marwein

"I think, there is a market for maybe 5 computers".
                           Thomas Watson, IBM, 1943