[Pmwiki-users] A Lean Skin

H. Fox haganfox
Tue Mar 23 22:35:34 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'm definitely interested seeing it added to Cookbook/Skins.
> I think the more examples of skins we can provide others, the better
> and richer sites that can be developed.
>
> If you'll let me know when it's available (i.e., "cleaned up") I'll
> configure it into the pmichaud.com site.

Here it is, cleaned up[*].

http://www.cis-dept.com/support/Temp/LeanSkinForPmWiki-0.2.tar.gz

I consider the skin beta-level quality, although it seems to work well.
  It validates (XHTML 1.0 and CSS) according to w3c.org's validation
service.  There's one minor lingering quirk: IE (5.5) drops the
right-side border on the search page for some reason.

I installed the skin on a fresh copy of PmWiki here:

http://www.cis-dept.com/support/wikitest/

Please let me know if it doesn't render properly in your browser.

Hagan

[*] Sorry if my choice of phrasing was not good.  Here's a somewhat
     verbose changelog of what I did to "clean up" the skin:
Remove some commented-out cruft.
Add a few descriptive comments.
Create matching printable skin.
Deal with the license block in the css files.
Do some testing / tweaking.
Add "Powered by PmWiki" link.
(Wondering... should there be a language setting for this?)
Create a README.txt mini-doc file.
Remove superfluous stuff left over from original skin.
   Search / grep to find unnecessary lines in css file, etc.
Do some more testing (HTML Tidy).
Re-order lines in the CSS file for clarity, plus add some comments.
   Make it easier to customize.  Provide commented-out alternatives,
Re-test / tweak / refine CSS file.
Change CSS defaults so items in footer are visible by default.
   Invisible links can be confusing, so default should be visible.
Add default font sizes to both CSS files.  (Fonts were too big).
Change skin name from "cis-dept" to "lean".
Package skin for download.