[Pmwiki-users] Advanced tables and pre

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Mar 23 19:25:06 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 03:42:37PM +0100, Enrique Pardo wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> I just got caught on this one recently.
> You need to append your text to the closing double-brackets like this:
>
> [[cell]]Hello
> is different from
> [[cell]] Hello
>
> When you leave a space, you get the monospaced font.

Oh, I think this behavior is unintentional on my part.  Anyone mind if
I eliminate this feature--i.e., have PmWiki automatically strip any
spaces following [[cell]] and [[cellnr]]?

One can still get monospace in a cell by using a tab character, or by
doing
   [[cell]]
    Hello

> BTW, there must be a small bug in the <pre> tag that has an extra space in
> it (<pre >).

It's not technically a bug-- <pre > is still a valid XHTML tag.  The space
is there to potentially provide WikiStyles with a place to insert attributes.