[Pmwiki-users] Re: Capturing vs Refactoring (was: Developer Question)

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Mar 22 23:35:51 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Tom Hoover wrote:

> AppendWikiPage is not meant to replace refactoring...it is designed
> simply as a "capture" tool.  It is not the only way to capture data, but
> it is an easy way.  If anyone wants to use it, feel free.

I still haven't had time to look at AppendWikiPage, but when using it this
way, i.e. delaying the task of categorizing the text, maybe it'd be good
if we could add a comment while attaching it. E.g. the markup could be:

	[[append:Main.Inbox   Maybe place in a Development/-page?]]
	bla bla bla...
	[[append:]]

where I was thinking that as you're writing '[[append:...]]' you might
have a vague idea about which page it eventually should end up in, but
don't want to decide now. And at the same time you want to remember your
idea. Of course, a simple alternative is to just do:

	[[append:Main.Inbox]]
	Maybe place in a Development/-page?
	bla bla bla...
	[[append:]]