[Pmwiki-users] one installation, multiple wikis

John Rankin john.rankin
Sat Mar 20 16:57:02 CST 2004

On Sunday, 21 March 2004 11:44 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:28:33AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
>>
>> If you look at
>> http://wiki.cyg.net.nz/
>>
>> There are no changes required to pmwiki.php -- it's a pure local
>> customisation.
>
>http://wiki.cyg.net.nz/Main/WikiFarm says that there's a patch applied
>to pmwiki.php--is this no longer true?

This is no longer true.

Sorry -- as I said, it's a work in progress :(

>> But it's a work in progress -- we are trying to make it as simple as
>> possible (but no simpler).
>
>One of the differences in this implementation/approach is that the
>field directories are centralized, whereas Crisses has been looking
>for a distributed field directory (e.g., into users' home directories)
>approach.

As you say, these are 2 different requirements, but it would be good
to keep the approaches as consistent as possible.

We hope to have a proper working prototype in the next few days...
I'm finding the hard part is getting the user interface right --
make it simple and obvious to authors and readers what's happening.

--
JR