[Pmwiki-users] Different templates for groups other than Main

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Mar 20 08:04:57 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 02:17:36PM +0000, Edward Andrews wrote:
> When I'm in groups other than main, I want to include both Main.SideBar and
> $Group.SideBar.

Other (probably better) solutions:

Just create a single template, and in that template you can put

   <!--wiki:Main.SideBar-->
   <!--wiki:$Group.GroupBar-->

The trick is to use a different name for the per-group sidebar.
Nothing will appear for "Main.GroupBar" unless you create a Main.GroupBar
page.

One could also do

   <!--wiki:Main.GlobalBar-->
   <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar-->

Main.GlobalBar appears in every page, and $Group.SideBar appears only
on those pages that have one.  You can set Main.SideBar to be blank if
you don't want anything to special to appear in the Main group.

The advantage of this approach is that only one template file is needed--i.e.,
you don't have to worry about keeping changes to the templates synchronized.