[Pmwiki-users] Re: Suggestion for the sample-config.php

David Jackson itdoctor
Fri Mar 19 02:25:37 CST 2004

> Re: [Pmwiki-users] Suggestion for the sample-config.php
> From:
> Thomas -Balu- Walter <list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de>

[...]

> I'd also like to vote against enabling this per defaulft. It might
> interfere with other settings e.g. if the webserver already has support
> for mod_gzip, etc. (perhaps mod_gzip handles this nicely - I just don't
> know enough about it)
>
>      Balu

I think this should be in the core functionality, but as Pm suggested,
easily turned off with $EnableCompressedOutput=0

OTOH, If it breaks the site because the library is not available, it
should be off by default, & be easily enabled (with
$EnableCompressedOutput=1 ? :)

David Jackson