[Pmwiki-users] Re: Wiki best practices, good implementations, good sites

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Mar 16 15:52:29 CST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Chris Lott wrote:

> But immediately, my problem is finding examples of successful Wiki
> implementations, and some in the arena of education and the humanities
> would be useful.

> 3. Staff and developers who are looking for ways to enhance their
> internal collaboration and find new ways for dealing with project
> management and document collaboration.

http://wiki.lyx.org is a site for users of LyX. It is mainly intended as a
knowledge repository for the LyX users, and as a complement to the user's
list. For instance, today someone asked one of *the* most FAQ and I
replied with a URI:
	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/FAQ/Using#noDateOnTitlePage

However, I don't know if the wiki is "successful". For instance, I still
have a problem getting users to realize that they can add their own pages
to the wiki. (Some of them still find it "easier" to write in HTML on
their own sites).

Another problem with the wiki is that it's actually getting a bit too
large, it's starting to become difficult to find what you are looking for.
The search functionality needs to be extended, but I'll bring that up on a
separate post eventually (I'm still working on switching to PmWiki 0.6.?)

/Christian