[Pmwiki-users] Re: FreeLinks and the Calendar

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Mar 14 15:37:21 CST 2004

>  11. FreeLinks and the Calendar (Dave Noonan)

Try downloading and installing wikilog-0.6.7 from

http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/WikiCalendar

This should work correctly with 0.6.7 and above
and has better installation instructions in the
README (I hope).

You are correct that the freelink pattern needs to be set,
as does the page title pattern. By default, pmwiki doesn't
allow page names to begin with a digit.

And your idea to display the dates with separators is a
good one.

Now that pmwiki allows us to redefine the AsSpaced function,
wikilog can look for 8 digit page names and insert separators.
The only downside I can see is that people will still have to
write {{20040229}} to refer to another page, which could be
confusing.

I'll try it and see how it works. Presumably, this should
be a display option that administrators can turn off.
--
JR