[Pmwiki-users] Does a change of server password influence pmwiki? add-on

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Mar 12 09:07:40 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 04:30:24PM +0100, Hugo Fjelsted Alr?e wrote:
> It says in the documentation (http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/ErrorMessages):
>
> "Note that the .flock file itself needs to be executable by the webserver:
> make sure the file has it's "executable bit" on, especially if the files have
> been moved, copied, or restored from backup. Try chmod 755 .flock from
> inside the wiki.d directory."

I don't know who added that text (it was added on March 8), but it's
wrong.  The only thing that .flock requires is that it be writable by the
webserver--it doesn't have to be executable.

I've restored the correct version of that page.