[Pmwiki-users] $PrintSkin not working.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Mar 3 18:25:44 CST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:08:21PM +1100, Richard Canning wrote:
> The details at the top of print.css in PmWiki0.6.7 says
>
> ** These define the ?action=print skin.  If you want to make
> ** changes to these settings, first copy this file to another name
> ** (e.g., 'myprint.css'), and set $PrintSkin='myprint' in your
> ** local/config.css file.
> [...]
> Is this broken or am I broken?

*sigh*  Sorry about that--the comments are wrong and left over from
the 0.6.0 layout notes.  In the rush to get the layout fixed for 0.6.1
I was bound to miss a few things, I guess.

The correct way to change the print skin is with

   $PrintTemplateFmt = 'pub/skins/myprint/myprint.tmpl';

I'll update the print.css file and other docs accordingly.

Pm

P.S., aimed at the many people who nicely (and somewhat correctly) suggest
that there need to be more comments in PmWiki's files:

This shows one of the big disadvantages of putting comments,
instructions, and directions throughout a bunch of code files, READMEs,
and other files.  The more places something is documented, the more places
have to be checked and updated when something changes.  This is why I
prefer to use WikiPages as the primary documentation mechanism as
opposed to writing lots of comments in every file that comes with
PmWiki.  (The use of $PrintTemplateFmt *is* correctly documented
in the wiki pages on pmichaud.com, btw.  :-)