[Pmwiki-users] free links question

Steven Leite steven_leite
Tue Mar 2 20:19:33 CST 2004

> Given that PmWiki/FreeLinks says that a free link must start and end
> with a letter (upper or lower case) or a number, why is {{1a}} not
> interpreted as a link but {{a1}} is?

It's probably possible .. not wait .. actually, I'm SURE it;s possible
(thinking of Pm's magical abilities) .. to change this as a local
customization.  I'm sure he'll tell you how just as soon as he can.

 > BTW, the default $GroupFreeLinkPattern made me dizzy. I always thought
> that I was pretty decent with regexps, but wow.

Yes.  And on that note, can anybody suggest a good tutorial place for
RegExp?  I want to learn for the sole purpose of understanding the
$GroupFreeLinkPattern an no other purpose.  I've visited a few sites, but
they are mere references.  I don't need references, I need examples (lots of
examples) with slow and steadily increasing levels of difficulty.  Or, if
somebody is bored, you can write a a few examples (or break down the
$GroupFreeLinkPattern in to about 50 pieces of translate that!).

Thx!

--S