[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Image sizes, alt tags, and more (was: Image display resizing problem)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Mar 2 17:48:46 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:03:07AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> Just playing with the suggestion above... here's some text:
>
>     An included figure: http://foo.bar/image.gif[happy face]
>     A cute figure: [[HappyFace http://foo.bar/image.gif[happy face]]]
>     A link: http://foo.bar/bla.html[I don't get this title thing...]
>
> would the three ']' cause a problem in the second example?

Not for PmWiki, would it cause a problem for authors?

How about angle brackets?
     An included figure: http://foo.bar/image.gif<happy face>
     A cute figure: [[HappyFace http://foo.bar/image.gif<happy face>]]
     A link: http://foo.bar/bla.html<I don't get this title thing...>

> PPS. A drawback with either of these syntaxes is that it's not possible to
> put a '}' (or '"') in the alternate text/title. Unless we use %?? instead
> of the character?

More likely we would use &quot; or the like, since they'd have to be
HTML character entities anyway.