[Pmwiki-users] Moving author field to the top

Jean-Claude wiki
Tue Mar 2 10:28:51 CST 2004

Hi,

Trying out the author-name-required feature, I found out that my
contribution is wiped out when I leave the Author box empty.
I think it is a bit too much for the poor unattentive contributor!  OK
to remind him that he should fill the author box, but not no to erase
his work...

Furthermore, do you think that this feature could be  either turned on
or off by the administrator, group by group if possible (within the
group.php local config file?).
Thank you

Jean-Claude
---
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:51:37 -0700
From: "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [Pmwiki-users] Moving author field to the top

I now have an implementation that requires an author name before a
user
is allowed to post, but I'm wondering what the prompt should say when
the user presses "Save" without an author name.  Currently it simply
says
"Author name is required", but I'm wondering if it should be phrased
differently.

To experiment with the author-name-required feature, edit any page
in the Development group on pmichaud.com and try to save a page
with the author field blank.  (A good test page is
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/WikiSandbox .)