[Pmwiki-users] Presentation skin and recipe

John Rankin john.rankin
Tue Jun 29 18:37:09 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, 30 June 2004 2:52 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>'=keyword stuff' will still be supported for local customizations
>in PmWiki version 2 -- i.e., I'm not planning to use '=keyword'
>for any other markup and so it's still available for others to use.
>However, one could also choose to follow the directive syntax
>(whatever it ends up being), as in [:keyword stuff:].  The advantage
>to the latter is that it may be possible for other scripts to
>automatically strip all directives if it doesn't make sense to
>be processing them.
>
>Pm

It might be wise to consider tidying up the convention for
start-of-line local customisations. In 1.0 there are 2 options:

    [[:upper:]]:    as in Q: and A: and local customisations

    =keyword        typically used for local customisations

As I understand it, the proposed directive syntax is an
in-line (character) markup rather than a block (paragraph)
markup. (Although arguably this distinction is artificial)

My 5?-worth:
- change Q: and A: to =Q and =A (perhaps continuing to
  support, but deprecate, Q: and A:)

- promote a starting = as the convention for block-level
  customisations (eg, [[wikilog]] becomes =wikilog and
  [[tocauto]] becomes =tocauto)

- note that sometimes this convention may not be suitable,
  for example:

        !Run-in head text!Text of paragraph

- because a known keyword always follows the =, == would be
  otiose

--
JR