[Pmwiki-users] PHP Sessions / Cookies / Authentication / Cache

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Fri Jun 25 06:57:49 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:14:31PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
> You may be thinking right now, well that's nice, but I can do this
> with Cookies! This may come to you as a suprise, but Cookies are about
> 30% unreliable right now and it's getting worse every day. More and
> on the web server in a location that you chose in special files. These
> files are connected to the user's web browser via the server and a
> special ID called a "Session ID". This is nearly 99% flawless in
> operation and it is virtually invisible to the user.

The above paragraph is wrong. As Cookies are used to store the Session
ID you still have a problem :). The "transparent session support" might
not be enabled or even worse it is not addedd to all URLs and forms. But
I did not find a bit on this task in the article...

-- Balu