[Pmwiki-users] page ID

J. Perkins jason
Sun Jun 20 07:51:25 CDT 2004

J. Meijer wrote:
> I'm beginning to like Christians idea of page-ID's.
>
> Whenever a link is written using [[group.page]], it is converted to a
> page-id when stored, to be rewritten when editing is required: no broken
> links ever. Useful.
>
> The problem is to convert PID into pagenames rapidly. An index of all pages
> would be required. It would have to be recreated when someone uses a tool to
> delete the file behind its back.

If you really want this, you should probably consider swapping pmw2
file-based backend for a DB-based one. It should not be difficult to
dump everything into a mySQL table. Then you can let the DB autonumber
the pages, and run fast queries to get the ID from the pagename.

Regardless, IMHO this would be an addon, not part of the core code.

Jason