[Pmwiki-users] [:..:] markup

J. Meijer commentgg
Fri Jun 18 15:06:12 CDT 2004

While discussing the [:directive:] format, someone along the way proposed
the

   [directive: parameter-text]

format, I could no longer find where. I recall Pm dismissing it for
effectively blocking the ']' character from occurring as parameter-text. I
am in favor of this format:

- good enough separation from normal text
- easy on the eyes:  [hide:footer] vs [:hide:footer:]

Others like it because of typing ease.

This can be said about the inclusion of ']':

- regexpr can be modified to accept '[1..10]' type of constructs
  as parameter-text, f.e.:
     [include:MyFeed[1..10]]
  could be recognized properly.
- it is possible to work with some kind of an escape-mode when
  this problem occurs:
     [include:"MyFeed[1..10]"]
- when requiring directives to be on a line of their own this
  problem evaporates.

Regards,

-jm