[Pmwiki-users] 2.0 - Authorsignature

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Fri Jun 18 10:45:00 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:18:27AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I chose ~~~~ because I thought I had seen it this way in another wiki
> markup.  If you can point to a ~~~, or if we feel that ~~~ is a better
> choice, then we can change the default.  (In reality this is controlled
> by $AuthorSignatureMarkup.  :-)

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Wookee (based on / replacement
formatter of UseModWiki) uses ~~~. But I don't know others.

I've just looked at Wikipedia which I think could be a good reference.
They support the following markup which I find very interesting :)
(slightly modified)

        ~~~   => [[~$Author]]
        ~~~~  => [[~$Author]] 2004-06-18 18:38 (CET)

The datestring should be formatted with $TimeFmt. In addition you
could choose wether it prints

        --~~~ signature style or
        --~~~~ long signature style or
        ~~~: chatty style

This might be easier to remember / understand for editors who might be
irritated with the different behaviour "at end" or "somewhere else in
the line".

What do the others think?

> Of course, I may decide to make the replacement-on-save patterns more
> generic than just plain AuthorSignatures.

I never thought you'd do it unflexible ;)

-- ~~~
uhm
-- Balu