[Pmwiki-users] inching slowly towards user-based authorization

J. Perkins jason
Thu Jun 17 17:36:26 CDT 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Authentication has been available as an external option since
> at least PmWiki 0.4.23.  Indeed, this is how the scripts/sessionauth.php
> script works.

To clarify: authentication is an addon, but the passwords and "attr"
action, etc. are built into the core.

I guess the bigger issue is that the code of PmWiki 1.0 was rather
difficult to follow. If would be nice if the core just managed the major
processing and delegated out the major responsibilities. It would also
make it much easier to extend the functionality. Authorization could be
supported with one include_once() and a single function call in the
core, and all of the complexity of attr and passwords moved into a
separate, more cohesive file.

Anyway, I don't mean to sound so critical. Please keep up the excellent
work.

Jason