[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Organization of pages (was: Hierarchical groups)

chr@home.se chr
Thu Jun 17 12:16:19 CDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 12:02:05PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> >
> > Great, that's really all I'm asking for at the moment. (Well, and that
> > the ID is increased each time a new page is created, which requires an
> > additional file to keep track of the ID of the last created page)
>
> Actually, I wasn't going to do it that way, but rather use the time
> ($Now) that the page is first created as the unique ID.  Since PmWiki
> doesn't (or won't) allow two pages to be created at the same time,
> this number will always be unique.

What's the resoultion of $Now? If it's one second I'm not sure it's
enough. But I guess that's easily fixed by letting giving the ID be a pair
	($Now, md5($PageName))
although you end up with quite a big ID.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr