[Pmwiki-users] inching slowly towards user-based authorization

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jun 16 12:49:18 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:55:39PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:

> I love it.  I think "Bob" won't like it very much though.
>
> Can we extend this to apply to file uploads as well?

Which part of attachments (file uploads)--uploading or downloading?
Uploading an attachment will continue to be controlled by the "upload"
password, which can contain author:xxx specifiers.

I'm inclined to agree with Fabio Cecin that if a page is read-protected,
its attachments should be read-protected as well (by the same password).

> It's not like somebody couldn't write a cookbook module to emulate the
> clean directory display that one would normally get by browsing the
> folder directly through their browser.

It's not like someone can't just create a symbolic link to make the
uploads directory web browseable (e.g., "ln -s $PWD/uploads pub/uploads").