[Pmwiki-users] wikistyles and a general remark to subject

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jun 14 08:22:56 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 03:56:23PM +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 09:58:35AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > I'm not sure how strong browser support is for multiple classes in
> > class= attributes (e.g.,   <span class='class1,class2,class3'>...</span>).
> >
> > Anyone have any knowledge they could add to this?  Any CSS experts out
> > there?
>
> IIRC don't use "," as divider, but just space.

Indeed, space seems to be the correct separator for the class= attribute.
However, I still don't know how many browsers support multiple classes
yet.  The example from w3.org isn't quite what I'm after--I'd want to
know if browsers can do...

   .blue { color: blue }
   .ital { font-style: italic }

such that the following works

   Here is some <span class='blue ital'>blue and italic text</span> and
   this is normal again.

Many thanks for the reference--I hadn't looked at that yet.